- Oliver Huiyue Qiu, Attorney at Law, is dedicated to excellence in legal representation with personalized attention to each and every client’s particular needs. With over a decade of legal experience, Oliver Qiu (pronounced Q) is well known for legal expertise representing individual and corporate clients in obtaining immigration benefits such as green card or investor visa, deportation defense and counseling employers on increasingly complicated federal work eligibility compliance.
- Oliver Qiu works relentlessly to help individuals and corporations to navigate the U.S. immigration system. Prior to establish his own practice, Oliver Qiu was a partner with Bretz & Coven LLP in New York City. He led Bretz & Coven’s business immigration practice and handled numerous complicated matters that typically came to the firm as a last resort. He had achieved a number of successful results. For example, he was able to obtain Green Card for a renowned animation artist who did not realize his extraordinary achievements had qualified him for Green Card. He was able to save a New York City taxi business thousands of dollars when facing ICE I-9 investigation. He was able to prevent the deportation of many foreign nationals whose spouse or children were U.S. citizens and ensured families to remain together. He routinely represents foreign students on matters ranging from maintaining status to obtaining H-1B work visa. Oliver Qiu particularly specializes in solving “cold cases” that typically have been sitting around for years, but given the significant changes of law in recent years may have a solution now.
- Oliver Qiu also worked at Klasko, Rulon, Stock & Seltzer LLP, where he worked exclusively with Chinese investors to achieve EB-5 Investor Green Card through multimillion-dollar development projects located across the United States particularly in rural areas and areas of high unemployment rate.
- On the professional level, Oliver Qiu is the Co-Chair of the Federal Practice Committee within the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) New York City Chapter. He regularly liaisons with U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Customs and Border Patrol, and U.S. Department of Justice.
- Oliver Qiu has been quoted in New York Daily News for his representation of a crime victim and her family in advocating New York Police Department to allow her to apply for U crime victim visa. He was also quoted in the Daily Collegian at Penn State University on his pro bono work collaborating with the Consulate General of China on an international student falling into disgrace. He has been quoted frequently in Chinese media such as the World Journal, Sing Tao Daily, and Duo Wei News. He also appeared at TV interviews aired at ICN network and ATN North American channel.
- Oliver Qiu is a 2001 graduate from the University of Utah College of Law in Salt Lake City, UT. He was awarded a LL.M. degree in Environmental Law. He was the recipient of Rulon Clerk Fellowship. A native of China, Oliver Qiu graduated at the top of his class when receiving Master of law degree in 1999 and B.A. (English) in 1996 from Central China Normal University, Wuhan, China.
- Oliver Qiu is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. He is also admitted to the following federal courts: U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Oliver Qiu is a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association. He is also a professional member with the following specialized occupational groups: New York City Bar Association, Customs and International Trade Bar Association, Asian American Bar Association of New York.
- The core value of Oliver Huiyue Qiu’s legal practice is Dedicated Service – Creative Solution.